Effective K-5 Strategies
That Sell the Sizzle
Learn easy ways to teach math concepts with unique strategies, games, activities, and songs.
Fee for the workshop is $199 per person. Groups of 3 or more is $185 per person.
- Please check back for updated workshop information.
About the K-5 Workshop:
Are you in search of new ways to effectively supplement your current math program? Join Ron and Nancy Brown for a fast-faced workshop loaded with unique games, strategies, songs, and activities that will have your students asking for MORE MATH PLEASE.
We’d all love to hear our students beg for MORE MATH PLEASE. Ron and Nancy have designed a powerful workshop to help inspire just such statements from our students. Based on proven research-based strategies, the Browns offer up oodles of practical and easy to use games, songs, and activities that will not only foster conceptual understanding and raise test scores, but will also put smiles on your students’ faces. Come prepared for a jam-packed day of learning, laughter, and best practices that will surely inspire and energize your classroom.
What You Will Learn:
- Practical ready-to-use games, ideas, creative activities, and songs that will help your students understand math concepts. (easy to implement!)
- Brain compatible techniques and activities that teach number sense, place value, fractions, math facts, time, money, angles, skip counting, shapes, and so much more.
- Kim Sutton’s amazing games and “math tools” that provide memorable drill and practice that support any math program. Kim’s materials are “kid friendly” and amazingly effective!
- Original songs, raps and chants developed for the elementary classroom that teach specific math concepts and promote understanding. (so easy to use)
- Discover how to use math song lyrics to teach reading, vocabulary development, structural analysis, reading for information, and fluency while teaching a math skill or concept. (double dip!)
- Learn how songs, raps, and chants create life long hooks to memory that make unforgettable math connections. Advertisers have been doing this for years!
- Terrific math ideas and strategies that can easily be incorporated into your current program and add excitement and understanding for your students. MORE MATH PLEASE!
8:00-8:30 Registration and Refreshments
8:30-10:00 Learning Connections!
Using “hands-on” math games, songs, effective strategies and activities, we will demonstrate creative techniques that get the brain processing and storing critical math concepts. Easy-to-Implement and Easy-to-Use
Math Tool Kits—We will explore all of the “goodies” included in your tool kit! PLAYING CARDS! DOMINOES! GAME TEMPLATES! DICE!
Amazing K-5 games, activities, and strategies from Kim Sutton and the Browns will be explored (number sense, counting, place value, fractions, angles, 10 frames, and so much more). HANDS ON!
10:00-10:10 Morning Break and Viewing Time
10:10-11:45 We will have you wear both your “teacher hat” and your “kid hat” as we demonstrate and play dozens of ready-to-use, easy-to-implement, games, activities, songs, and shenanigans that will fit perfectly with your math curriculum. Each of these ideas will easily “plug” into your existing program.
11:45-12:45 Enjoy lunch on your own!
12:45-2:45 Bringing novelty and excitement into your classroom will certainly get your students asking for MORE MATH PLEASE! Let’s add some sizzle to your math lessons (time, money, math facts/addition and multiplication, skip counting, geometry, shapes, and so much more).
2:45-3:00 Wrapping it up and putting it all together!
With more than 50 years of primary and intermediate teaching experience between them, Ron and Nancy Brown understand what truly works in the classroom. They continually draw rave reviews at state, national and international conferences for their creative and practical teaching ideas. For more than 20 years, the Browns have helped thousands of teachers learn useful tips, tricks, and techniques that help engage and motivate students during daily math lessons. Using original songs and loads of creativity, Ron and Nancy have developed a string of amazing classroom-tested ideas and activities that are loved by both students and educators. Ron Brown is the author of more than 500 educational songs. He is also recognized and published by:
- Kim Sutton-Creative Mathematics
- McGraw Hill Math
- Peace Corps
- Perfection Learning Co.
- Shiller Math
- Danos Books (Israel)
- Award Reading (Australia)
- Teaching & Learning Magazine (United Kingdom)
- Jiggy Wrigglers (United Kingdom)
- Shiller Reading
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
- Registration 8:00 am
- Class Starts 8:30 am
- No Host Lunch 11:45 am
- Adjourn 3:00 pm
What to Bring:
Scissors, colored markers, stapler, hole punch, scotch tape, glue sticks.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
This Seminar Includes:
- Extensive Resource Handbook, Tool Kits, Door Prizes
- Sampler CD with original songs and rap beats!
Earn 1, 2 or 3 semester units of credit from University of Pacific for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes.
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ Or use our Online Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express accepted (US funds only).