Place Value • Time • Fractions • Money
Number Sense • Shapes • Counting
Learn easy ways to teach math skills and concepts
with songs, games, activities and unique strategies.
Ron & Nancy Brown
Fee for the workshop is $199 (US) per person. Groups of 3 or more is $185 (US) per person.
- Please check back for updated workshop information.
About the K-5 Workshop:
Looking for new ways to energize your math lessons? Add exciting new elements and strategies to your mathematical program with fun and teacher-friendly tools. Revitalize your mathematics program by attending a one-day comprehensive workshop for K-5 educators presented by Ron and Nancy Brown. This powerful seminar is packed with dozens of practical, easy-to-use songs, games, activities, strategies and projects that simplify and awaken your math curriculum.
Join Ron & Nancy for a jam-packed day of teaching excitement that will “Rock Your Math Class”, help raise test scores, and promote understanding!
With more than 50 years of primary and intermediate teaching experience between them, Ron and Nancy Brown understand what works in the classroom. They continue to draw rave reviews as featured speakers at educational conferences at the state, national and international levels for their creative & practical teaching strategies.
For more than 15 years, Ron and Nancy have helped thousands of teachers learn how songs, rhyme and rhythm can be used to effectively teach K-5 mathematics skills and standards. Using original music and loads of creativity, Ron and Nancy have developed dozens of exciting classroom-tested activities that teachers and students love. Join them for an inspiring day that will truly make a difference in your teaching.
Ron Brown’s Music has been recognized & published by:
- McGraw Hill Math
- Perfection Learning
- Kim Sutton, Creative Mathematics
- Shiller Math
- Danos Books (Israel)
- Award Reading (Australia)
- Teaching & Learning Magazine (United Kingdom)
8:00-8:30 – Registration & Refreshments
8:30-8:45 – Introduction to Teaching Math Concepts With Songs
• The power of music as an every day teaching tool
8:45-9:30 – The Math/Music/Brain Connection
• Rhyme, Rhythm, Music and the Brain
• What the latest research says
9:30-10:15 – Amazing Games, Strategies, and Music to Strengthen Your Math Teaching!
• Counting, place value, expanded notation, money and skip counting
• Dozens of ready-made activities that bring excitement into your classroom
10:15-10:30 – Break
10:30-12:00 – Teaching math skills and concepts the easy way!
• Number Sense, Telling Time, Odd and Even Numbers, Geometry, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction, Math Facts, Patterns, Ordinals and so much more.
12:00-1:00 – Enjoy Lunch On Your Own.
1:00-1:50 – Rock On With:
• Fractions, Fraction Hunt, Shapes, Sphere Races, < >, and Angles
1:50-2:45 – Rap Star 101
• Learn the steps to create memorable raps, chants and songs for your classroom needs!
2:45-3:00 – Putting It All Together
What You Will Learn:
- Practical ready-to-use games, ideas, activities, techniques, and songs to teach core curriculum and generate understanding.
- Compile a list of terrific ideas and activities that can easily be incorporated into your program.
- Original songs, raps and chants developed specifically for the classroom to teach time, money, place value, fractions, counting, number sense, shapes, math facts and so much more.
- Make math in your classroom come alive with critical math concepts that align with the Common Core and State Standards.
- How to develop exciting and educational lessons that will drive your core curriculum.
- Great drill & practice, place value and number line activities that support any math program.
- Discover how to use math song lyrics to teach reading, vocabulary development, structural analysis, reading for information, and fluency.
- How to accelerate learning, inclusion, excitement, motivation and understanding of math information and concepts.
- Management strategies to improve your current program. How to pull it all together!
- Develop an understanding of the brain-compatibility of songs and their importance in the classroom.
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators (K-5) and Administrators are encouraged to attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15 service charge.
This Seminar Includes:
- Morning Coffee & Pastries
- Door Prizes
- Extensive Resource Handbook
- Sampler CD with original songs and rap beats!
Earn 1, 2 or 3 semester units of credit from University of Pacific for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes.
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ Or use our Online Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only).