Teaching Intensive Content With Motivation
Fee for the workshop is $229 (US) per person. Groups of 3 or more is $215 (US) per person.
Lunch is included.
- Seattle, WA ~ February 12, 2018 ~ Site Information
- Portland, OR ~ February 13, 2018 ~ Site Information
About The Seminar:
Kim Sutton loves to share her passion for the learning of mathematics through joyful experiences using games and other motivational strategies that practice mathematical content so that it is never forgotten! This exciting class by Kim Sutton is filled with practical games and is designed for teachers of K-5 students using dice and spinners. Participants will receive a manual and tool kit for easy implementation of the games in any classroom situation. The games will incorporate number sense through basic facts, place value, fractions, geometry and algebraic thinking. Students will understand the math content by repeated use of these motivating and exciting games. Kim Sutton will present these practical games that practice math skills and align to all standards. The game boards and materials are so simple and easy to implement and Kim will make special effort to show all grade levels how to use these games. Come prepared to enjoy the songs, dances and games that will change your math classroom into a motivational festival of mathematics.
What You Will Learn:
- 25 NEW games for reinforcing math skills of the standards
- Management strategies for maximizing student time on task
- Place value games with neverending pizzazz!
- Building proportional reasoning with games for the three models of fractions
- Number sense, number sense, number sense!
- A deeper understanding of the standards
- Take the fear out of teaching math and put the fun back in
- Add these words to your math program: fun, games, practice, learn, understand
- Why Games Are Powerful Tools for All Math Concepts! How to Teach Meaningful Math and Use Games to Reinforce the Concepts
- Number Sense Games Using Dice that Develop Strong Understanding of Place Value
- Games for Drill and Practice—New Ideas for Math Fact Fluency
- How to Set Up Games for Differentiation Through Response to Intervention
- Games for Developing Proportional Reasoning! Fractions Made Easy!
- Management Ideas for Making Game Time Fun for All!
- Connecting the Standards to Each Game
- Learn How to Differentiate Games to Accommodate all Learners in your Classroom to use Tomorrow in the Elementary Classroom
About The Speaker:
Kim Sutton is a fabulous presenter, who has taught thousands of teachers the joy and excitement of hands-on math. Kim’s teaching experience includes over 30 years of classroom teaching, time as a regional math specialist and as a university instructor. Kim has worked with over 300 districts nationally and internationally as a staff development consultant. Kim has a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education and has been the keynote speaker for state and regional math conferences. Kim has produced many wonderful math games and tools and is the author of 16 titles, as well as the creator of the 10 Block Schedule for Math Fact Fluency program for grades K-6. Experience what others have learned—Kim Sutton is a dynamic, extraordinary educator whose enthusiasm and love for teaching are contagious! She gives you practical, easy to implement information and ideas that you will use for years. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to be thrilled, challenged, and energized!
• All Aboard the Algebra Express
• Fractions: A Part of the Whole
• Math Engineers
• Math Focus Activities
• Visual Tools
• Number Line Workbook
• The Power of Digital Root
• Making Math Books
• Place Value with Pizzazz
• Dynamic Dice
• Do the Math
• Math Drills to Thrill
• Let’s Get Started!
• Dazzling Dominoes
• Bump It!
Who Should Attend?
All K-5 Classroom Teachers, Resource Specialists, Curriculum Coordinators and Administrators should attend.
- Registration 8:00 am
- Class Starts 8:30 am
- Lunch 11:45 am
- Adjourn 3:00 pm
What to Bring:
Scissors, marking pens, scotch tape, glue stick, stapler, hole punch and camera (optional).
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15.00 service charge.
This Seminar Includes:
- Morning Coffee & Pastries, Lunch
- Door prizes
- Tool Kit & Extensive Resource Handbook
1/2 unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Clock hours may also be available – details provided at the seminar.
How To Register:
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ Or use our Online Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express accepted (US funds only). You may pay in Canadian funds with cheque only.