Number Sense, Fact Fluency, Fractions & Word Problems
Fee for the workshop is $215 (U.S.). Groups of 3 or more is $205 (U.S.) per person.
Lunch is included.
- Please check back for updated workshop information.
About this Seminar
2. A visual framework for teaching number and operations that develops fact fluency and a better understanding of fractions.
3. A graphical approach to problem solving that helps kids organize and solve word problems, and lays the groundwork for effective model drawing strategies.
4. A 1-year subscription to GregTangMath.com that provides access to Greg’s newest teaching materials and math centers.
Learn to use graphic models and number lines as powerful tools for:
– building number sense
– developing estimation skills
– teaching arithmetic algorithms
– transitioning kids to fractions
Learn to use concrete models to build abstract thinking skills – the key to the Common Core and higher math.
Learn intuitive and highly effective model drawing strategies to solve word problems.
Develop strong mental math and computational skills while teaching Order of Operations.
The critical bridge to traditional algorithms and the key to teaching measurement, time and fractions too.
• Missing Number & Place Value Games
Give kids the repetition and practice they need to master tough, new algebraic thinking standards.
You Will Learn To:
All K-6 Classroom Teachers, Elementary Math Teachers, Resource Specialists and Curriculum Coordinators should attend.
Substitutions may be made at any time. All cancellations received the day of the seminar or afterwards are subject to a $15 service charge.
• Morning refreshments • Lunch • Door prizes • Resource handbook
½ unit of credit from Humboldt State University is available for an additional charge. These credential/licensure courses offered are designed primarily for elective or professional development purposes. Clock hours may also be available – please check at the workshop. Verification of hours of participation will be provided for continuing education or recertification.
Call (800) 841-5193 ~ Or use our Online Registration Form: either mail, fax, or use your credit card on our secure server. Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express accepted (US funds only). You may also mail your registration to: Creative Mathematics 4001 West End Rd. Arcata, CA 95521-9612.